Docker error in service-manager

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, everybody!

I have setup Docker environment, and just received long-term licenses in two zip files:
dataserver.corp.companyName.com.zip and engines.corp.companyName.com.zip
In each one of zip files I have both k3.lic and k4.lic.

I copied :
a) k3.lic from engines.corp.companyName.com.zip into appian-docker/conf/service-manager-licenses
b) k4.lic from dataserver.corp.companyName.com.zip into appian-docker/conf/data-server-licenses

Then I started Appian in docker container and all messages are "done".
But when going on http://localhost:8080/suite the page showed "This page isn’t working"
So, I checked logs for service-manager, getting the following message:

service-manager | Waiting for services to start...
service-manager | groups in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | execution01 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | execution02 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | forums in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | download-stats in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | notifications-email in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | content in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | analytics00 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | channels in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | portal in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | analytics02 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | process-design in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | execution00 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | analytics01 in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode
service-manager | notifications in CRASHLOOPBACKOFF state, REPLICA mode

Could you please give me some advice or suggestion?
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance, best regards

Paolo

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

• Hello,

I figured that this problem was related somehow to moving and copying old and new licenses, so I repeated all the steps starting from "Pre-Build Configuration". This way, the problem mentioned in the previous post did not appear anymore, but another one appeared.
    Here it is.

c:\appian-docker>docker-compose logs -f data-server
    Attaching to data-server
    data-server | Waiting for these containers to start: service-manager
    data-server | Currently waiting for service-manager
    data-server | service-manager is up!
    data-server | Executing start command: /usr/local/appian/ae/data-server/bin/start.sh -f
    data-server | 0 [main] INFO com.appian.data.TopologyFactory - Loading topology /usr/local/appian/ae/data-server/conf/appian-topology.xml
    data-server | 877 [main] INFO com.appian.data.server.config.CustomPropertiesConfiguration - Configuration file custom.properties was loaded successfully. (Reload check = 10000 ms)
    data-server | 932 [main] ERROR com.appian.data.server.Watchdog - Shutting down with exit code 1...
    data-server | java.lang.RuntimeException: No data server security properties file found. File: /usr/local/appian/ae/data-server/conf/data-server-sec.properties
    data-server | at com.appian.data.SecurityConfig.<init>(SecurityConfig.java:21)
    data-server | at com.appian.data.server.DataServerConfig.<init>(DataServerConfig.java:135)
    data-server | at com.appian.data.server.DataServerConfig.fromSysProps(DataServerConfig.java:152)
    data-server | at com.appian.data.server.Watchdog.main(Watchdog.java:1112)
    data-server | Failed to start up, exiting
    data-server exited with code 1

I think that the key of that message is:
    No data server security properties file found. File: /usr/local/appian/ae/data-server/conf/data-server-sec.properties

but the fact is that in my environment (win 10) exist instead files:

c:\appian-docker\conf\data-server-sec.properties 
    c:\appian-docker\data-server-sec.properties

Is the problem somehow related to "mapping" of paths between container and my PC?  If so, how to manage it ?

Thanks in advance for any hint or idea.

Regards,
    Paolo

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Paolo Scolamacchia

Hi everybody,

because of the previous error, i changed as follows my docker-compose.yml  (in data-server -> volumes section)

data-server:
        /* .............. */
        volumes:
         /* added the following row  */
          - ./conf/data-server-sec.properties:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/conf/data-server-sec.properties:delegated
          - ./conf/appian-topology.xml:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/conf/appian-topology.xml:delegated
          - ./conf/data-server-licenses/k4.lic:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/engine/bin/q/l64/k4.lic:delegated
          - ./data/data-server:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/data:delegated
          - ./data/verify-data-was-initialized:${APPIAN_HOME}/verify-data-was-initialized:delegated
          - ./logs/data-server:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/logs:delegated
          - ./logs/data-server/data-metrics:${APPIAN_HOME}/data-server/data-metrics:delegated
          /* .............. */

This way the previous error disappeared! But again, when going on the http://localhost:8080/suite/ nothing is showed.

But, when searching for some error message in docker with "docker-compose logs -f " I did not find it.

Then my last idea is "enter into" Docker containers and look there for some message of error to identify the cause of the problem.

So, my question now is: which is the container to look into ?

Thanks for any idea or suggestion,

regards

Paolo

•  - I know by this time, you would have succeeded in setting up the docker container. But still, docker ps --no-trunc should give the list of all containers that was being used. Kindly  let me know if you have rectified the error and was there any other hurdles in setting up the same. Thanks in advance !! 

Reply Children
No Data