Dynamic User Filter in Record

Hello All,

There is 1 tricky requirement user want to have a dynamic user filter in record. Here Dynamic filter means 1st there will be 1 drop-down which will provide all user filter option (basically column name on which user want to use filter) and after selecting the value from 1st drop-down,automatically 2nd field populate which will give the filter and filter values . After that user can select any value from 2nd drop-down and on the basis of which record list get filter.

Thanks in advance i tried but there is no direct solution, I want to know if there is anything out of box function which can help in resolving this. I am attaching the screenshot which will help you in understanding the requirements.

Thanks 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

If you're talking about doing this directly within the filters of a Record Type (as opposed to on your own custom-built SAIL form), then I'm afraid there is currently no way to do this directly, and probably no plans to either. 

If the requirement is very high in priority, and especially if you're primarily using Sites for end user access, then you can consider building your own custom SAIL form with a record list you query yourself, and filters you define yourself at the top.  This will give you exact control over what and how you filter, and provides the ability to add other things to the interface, but at the cost of losing some of the out-of-box "record list" functionality (such as the user-saveable filters and the direct "export to excel" functionality).

Certified Lead Developer

If you're talking about doing this directly within the filters of a Record Type (as opposed to on your own custom-built SAIL form), then I'm afraid there is currently no way to do this directly, and probably no plans to either. 

If the requirement is very high in priority, and especially if you're primarily using Sites for end user access, then you can consider building your own custom SAIL form with a record list you query yourself, and filters you define yourself at the top.  This will give you exact control over what and how you filter, and provides the ability to add other things to the interface, but at the cost of losing some of the out-of-box "record list" functionality (such as the user-saveable filters and the direct "export to excel" functionality).

Children
No Data