Upgrade from 17.2 to 18.4

I'm a first time server admin and am trying to upgrade our on-prem installation from 17.2 to 18.4. Currently I'm at Step 6 Copy your data. I see there are 3 of the folders that do not exist in the 17.2 installation to copy from

<APPIAN_HOME>/_admin/mini/
<APPIAN_HOME>/data-server/data/
<APPIAN_HOME>/services/data/kafka-logs/

I would assume that is fine to skip these folders since in 17.3 and 17.4 there is a step to delete the Kafka-logs folder but what concerned me is the notes at the bottom of step 6. 

**If you copied your data files for the _admin/mini/ directory into a directory that uses a different file path than before, such as //NewRootFolder/_admin/mini/ instead of //OldRootFolder/_admin/mini/, you must run the change-paths.sh (.bat) file located in <APPIAN_HOME>/_admin/_scripts/tools/ to update the mini website content directory location.

**Note that copying the corresponding files from the old Appian installation into <APPIAN_HOME>/services/data/kafka-logs/ in the new installation is mandatory since this directory contains essential data required for proper start up. The target directory must be empty before copying the data from the previous installation.

The only kafka folder isn't in a data folder but directly in  <APPIAN_HOME>/services/ , it's named kafka_2.11-0.10.1.1-appian-3 and doesn't contain a logs folder.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible