Is wildfly 8 an acceptable alternative to jboss eap 6.1? Clearly there is t

Is wildfly 8 an acceptable alternative to jboss eap 6.1?
Clearly there is the issue of support offered by the full enterprise edition of Jboss under the Redhat product group but are there any technical issues with this route?
I am currently using the "developer" edition of EAP 6.1 but have been told that the production version of this is faster. Would this be the same for wildfly? There only seems to be a single edition of wildfly in the mix. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks, James...

OriginalPostID-95927

OriginalPostID-95927

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I was not able to deploy Appian on WildFly. I got a ClassCastException when Appian started up, relating to a Hibernate class. Also, I don't think running Appian is legal on JBoss EAP Developer Edition. That edition is for people developing Java applications to run on JBoss, whereas this is about running Appian which is itself a Java application. So the only recourse available is to use a licensed version of JBoss EAP.
  • I was not able to deploy Appian on WildFly. I got a ClassCastException when Appian started up, relating to a Hibernate class. Also, I don't think running Appian is legal on JBoss EAP Developer Edition. That edition is for people developing Java applications to run on JBoss, whereas this is about running Appian which is itself a Java application. So the only recourse available is to use a licensed version of JBoss EAP.
Children
No Data