Is wildfly 8 an acceptable alternative to jboss eap 6.1? Clearly there is t

Is wildfly 8 an acceptable alternative to jboss eap 6.1?
Clearly there is the issue of support offered by the full enterprise edition of Jboss under the Redhat product group but are there any technical issues with this route?
I am currently using the "developer" edition of EAP 6.1 but have been told that the production version of this is faster. Would this be the same for wildfly? There only seems to be a single edition of wildfly in the mix. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks, James...

OriginalPostID-95927

OriginalPostID-95927

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks for the clarification Myles. We have been looking at provisioning EAP as our primary option as well. Is there a technical reason to sign up for the redhat support agreement? Seeming as EAP 6.1/6.2 are available under LGPL it looks like we would be OK to use this in a production environment. Admittedly we would lack the support offered under the Redhat Middleware product group. Just curious as to potential performance benefit this might offer, if any given that I would expect Redhat to provide a production optimised build as part of the agreement.
    I am not expecting a definitive answer, just looking for info to take back with me so anything you can suggest or comment on would be appreciated.
    Thanks, James
  • Thanks for the clarification Myles. We have been looking at provisioning EAP as our primary option as well. Is there a technical reason to sign up for the redhat support agreement? Seeming as EAP 6.1/6.2 are available under LGPL it looks like we would be OK to use this in a production environment. Admittedly we would lack the support offered under the Redhat Middleware product group. Just curious as to potential performance benefit this might offer, if any given that I would expect Redhat to provide a production optimised build as part of the agreement.
    I am not expecting a definitive answer, just looking for info to take back with me so anything you can suggest or comment on would be appreciated.
    Thanks, James
Children
No Data