How do I follow the Appian Work Item Id on an error in the logs to the rule or process that threw the error?

Certified Lead Developer

I have an Appian work item ID related to an email that failed to send.  I want to know what part of my application tried to send that email, and the piece of evidence I have is the work item ID.  How do I trace that back to the rule or process instance that started the work item?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Unfortunately there isn't a good way for you to trace that ID back to a corresponding Appian object or process. That ID has two (relatively minor) uses. 1) It distinguishes that entry from other entries, in an abstract sense. So, for example, if you see the same work ID in multiple errors in succession, you know it was one thing that had several problems, rather than several different things that had a problem. 2) it has some amount of meaning internally that may be helpful to engineering when troubleshooting specific types of problems. 

Were there any other error messages in the logs? Was there a stack trace?

• Unfortunately there isn't a good way for you to trace that ID back to a corresponding Appian object or process. That ID has two (relatively minor) uses. 1) It distinguishes that entry from other entries, in an abstract sense. So, for example, if you see the same work ID in multiple errors in succession, you know it was one thing that had several problems, rather than several different things that had a problem. 2) it has some amount of meaning internally that may be helpful to engineering when troubleshooting specific types of problems. 

Were there any other error messages in the logs? Was there a stack trace?

Children
No Data