Hi, I have republished on CDT, while impact anlysis, it is taking to long, norma

Hi, I have republished on CDT, while impact anlysis, it is taking to long, normally it takes 20 mins or so but now almost an hour, and it is failing by showing "Sever Error". Any Idea.

Thanks....

OriginalPostID-97305

OriginalPostID-97305

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Are the number of application packages on your Appian instance very high? This could happen in such case. You may also want to check the application-server/log to see if there are any details found.
  • Try restarting Jboss. That being said, we have had constant issues running IA for a year. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Likewise, it will work repeatedly for person A, but not for person B. Sometimes we have suspected it has to do with our login to the system. One Appian support engineer had me try a work around a few months ago in production, we exported our datastore by itself and then immediately reimported it. The models were updated as they would be with an updated CDT. I didn't get an explanation on why it worked or if this was a safe/repeatable work around.
  • Impact Analysis can be resource intensive and a long process if the number of applications (under the Applications tab) and their sizes are big. In your case what seems to be happening is that the analysis completes on the server side but since it takes longer than what the client side is expecting the connection on the client times out and doesn't receive what for simplicity we can call the completion acknowledgement from the server.

In this case what you need to do is to delete all unnecessary applications to leave only the ones that are really exposing functionality in the environments; packages used just to move items from one environment to another should be deleted after the import completes to keep Impact Analysis efficient.

The workaround mention in the second comment is actually based on the real behind the scenes of Impact Analysis. Impact Analysis doesn't nothing special but scanning the applications for items to be updated and once you hit "Update" a dry export then an import is performed. The workaround described in this other comment mimics this same approach; IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT you export whatever objects you want to update and then you import them. This updates the references with the only withdraw that you have to know what items you want to update.
  • Hi Eduardo, Thanks for explanation. In fact i did not run impact analysis, i imported application from dev>uat with CDT + all process models using that CDT hence all process model updated with current version of CDT. it works! I was trying impact analysis for a cross check only. Thanks