Appian Cloud Permissions Granularity

Currently it appears that through Appian Cloud solutions, the only permissions available are either as a Basic User or a System Administrator role. However, we need to implement a more fine tuned permissions group but we're not sure how to accomplish this.

We would like to provide access for our developers/designers to still have some access but not the full access as a System Administrator account. For example, our developers should still have access to SYSTEM_GROUP_PROCESS_MODEL_CREATORS but not to SYSTEM_GROUP_COLLABORATION_ADMINISTRATORS (Database Administration).

I've looked around a bit but I'm not certain if this is possible. Can someone let me know if this is a possibility and if so, where the documentation might reside so that we can implement these restriction?

Of course, this would only be for test/production environments.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Of course, this would only be for test/production environments.

You could actually benefit from getting this practice correct in dev.

You're correct when you point out that there are two high level user types.  Basic Users and System Administrators.

I'm a proponent permissions granularity, and you can achieve this with Appian.
    We scrape the surface of this in a this Appian World presentation

All of your developers, even in your primary dev environment can be basic users.  It's possible to be effective with very few sysadmins.

As   correctly points out, create your devs as basic users, then layer in the permissions they need to do their work.  

• Of course, this would only be for test/production environments.

You could actually benefit from getting this practice correct in dev.

You're correct when you point out that there are two high level user types.  Basic Users and System Administrators.

I'm a proponent permissions granularity, and you can achieve this with Appian.
    We scrape the surface of this in a this Appian World presentation

All of your developers, even in your primary dev environment can be basic users.  It's possible to be effective with very few sysadmins.

As   correctly points out, create your devs as basic users, then layer in the permissions they need to do their work.  

Children
No Data