SAML authentication

Hello,

In appian we are using SAML authentication for first login but after new user creation they can't login and even after resting the password.

Error : The username/password entered is invalid. usernames and passwords are case sensitive

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you expand on what you mean by "SAML authentication for first login"?  Usuaully when you bother to set up SAML that means your users (or some subset of them) will always be logging in using SAML.  It sounds like you're saying someone will log in (successfully?) using SAML then do something to create themselves a second, non-SAML Appian username -- if so, I'm confused why. 

In any case, you'll need to make sure any user accounts that you want to use username/password login for are not in the "SAML users" group (whichever group you have defined in your SAML configuration), because if a basic-auth user is in that group, they will be unable to log in at all.  This is just the first thing i can think of and there could be a few other potential causes, but any clarification you can provide would be helpful.

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your replay,

Let me be more clear for you.

we are using SAML authentication for user login. After creating user /resetting password user gets an email with temporary password once user logged in with temporary password it gets mapped with SAML, but while try to login with temporary password it's showing an error (The username/password entered is invalid. usernames and passwords are case sensitive). From past 1 week we are facing this issue. 

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your replay,

Let me be more clear for you.

we are using SAML authentication for user login. After creating user /resetting password user gets an email with temporary password once user logged in with temporary password it gets mapped with SAML, but while try to login with temporary password it's showing an error (The username/password entered is invalid. usernames and passwords are case sensitive). From past 1 week we are facing this issue. 

Children