Don´t send email new user

How to avoid sending the email of a new user?

In our installation we don't need to send the email with the password because we have implemented the single sign-on to connect to Appian.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In the past i've done this by utilizing the "Create User with i18n" smart service contained in the Personalization Utilities plug-in; it's intentionally set up to not send an email out when the account is created (it also allows you to procedurally generate a strong "junk" password to assign to the user as their permanent password upon creation, which must be done even though SSO users will never actually use their password).

Edit: and, the option Carlos mentioned before I managed to submit the reply I was still typing, which might be better if you don't want to use a plug-in.  I'm not sure I actually knew about that one yet.

Certified Lead Developer

In the past i've done this by utilizing the "Create User with i18n" smart service contained in the Personalization Utilities plug-in; it's intentionally set up to not send an email out when the account is created (it also allows you to procedurally generate a strong "junk" password to assign to the user as their permanent password upon creation, which must be done even though SSO users will never actually use their password).

Edit: and, the option Carlos mentioned before I managed to submit the reply I was still typing, which might be better if you don't want to use a plug-in.  I'm not sure I actually knew about that one yet.

Children
No Data