Need Publish access in Appian Process Modeler

In the Appian Process Modeler, I am able to see the menu item <Save & Publish> under File in the Test Environment.

I have the same security groups in Prod but I am not able to see the menu item <Save & Publish>

Any thoughts I why I can't <Save & Publish> in PROD?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Only users who are assigned the Administrator role or users of type System Administrator can publish process models. Is it possible that you are a system administrator in test but not in production? Or is it possible that the group is assigned different access in both environments? Can you view the security in both locations and compare?

I also have to ask...why do you need to publish the process model in production? You shoud never make changes to design objects in production; always update them in development and deploy to production.

• I do have the Sys Administrator role in both environments.  I already compared the groups and they are exactly the same.

We want to republish the process model because an employee left the company.  What would be a better way of doing that?  

Thanks,

Jack

Appian Employee
    in reply to JackNg

Hmm, it seems odd that you would be unable to publish if you are a system administrator. However, I'd still recommend just trying to deploy the process model again to production to resolve this issue.

In general, I'd strongly recommend that you do not deploy applications to production as a specific user for exactly this reason. It's better practice to deploy using a service account that you can be confident will not be deactivated. See this page in the documentation for our suggestion on using service accounts for deployments.

Appian Employee
    in reply to JackNg

Hmm, it seems odd that you would be unable to publish if you are a system administrator. However, I'd still recommend just trying to deploy the process model again to production to resolve this issue.

In general, I'd strongly recommend that you do not deploy applications to production as a specific user for exactly this reason. It's better practice to deploy using a service account that you can be confident will not be deactivated. See this page in the documentation for our suggestion on using service accounts for deployments.

Children