How can a team work on the same project in Appian?

Hi.

My cocnern is if we have to work on a project as team.For example one person designs a CDT for the module she/he is given to work,how can i pull the same project and add my screen CDTs to it.In short how can we work on a same project as a team.Every time do we need it pulishing and importing ?Wont that be a lot of re work?

Can anyone shed some light on how to work in the same project as a team that anytime i can acccess it and i work  for the modules that is given to me?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Appian applications operate as containers for objects, not every application needs to be published. I recommend setting up a separate Application to house the objects for your team or project. You can even give a separate Application prefix to help organize your objects, I've seen some teams use multiple prefixes for multiple apps in the same projects. The parent project might be called CRM and smaller projects might prefix with CRM_ABC so that objects are called CRM_ABC_myObject.

To help with building apps as a team, Appian prevents concurrent updates. When you need to import a patch, you can create combined patches which multiple developers can add objects, or you can make one for just yourself.

If you properly plan guidelines for your project such as prefixes, object naming conventions, and deployment practices, you shouldn't have a problem.

• Appian applications operate as containers for objects, not every application needs to be published. I recommend setting up a separate Application to house the objects for your team or project. You can even give a separate Application prefix to help organize your objects, I've seen some teams use multiple prefixes for multiple apps in the same projects. The parent project might be called CRM and smaller projects might prefix with CRM_ABC so that objects are called CRM_ABC_myObject.

To help with building apps as a team, Appian prevents concurrent updates. When you need to import a patch, you can create combined patches which multiple developers can add objects, or you can make one for just yourself.

If you properly plan guidelines for your project such as prefixes, object naming conventions, and deployment practices, you shouldn't have a problem.

Children
No Data