Object locked (open) during import

Certified Lead Developer

In the past if an Appian object was currently open during an import then the import would fail. It seemed that this was resolved many versions ago, allowing the import to go through without issue. In the most recent version it seems to have come back, and imports now error out if an object is open. Has anybody else experienced this? This seems to be a step backwards in capability.  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK this is still expected behavior.  The only times it seems to behave differently for me is, occasionally (and i'm not clear exactly what the conditions are for this), an interface or expression rule will still be allowed to import even if I have it open for editing in the target environment - but it seems like I have to have had it open for a while (or maybe it's that i haven't registered any unsaved changes, or something else to that effect).  Despite this, I still usually act under the presumption that the object will fail on import if I have it open in the target environment.

I agree with you in that it'd be neat to have a little bit more granular visibility into this behavior, though I'm not holding my breath (and frankly I'd rather Appian spend their seemingly super-limited dev time on any of the other dozen or so items on my personal 'Designer UX' wishlist / feature request backlog).

Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK this is still expected behavior.  The only times it seems to behave differently for me is, occasionally (and i'm not clear exactly what the conditions are for this), an interface or expression rule will still be allowed to import even if I have it open for editing in the target environment - but it seems like I have to have had it open for a while (or maybe it's that i haven't registered any unsaved changes, or something else to that effect).  Despite this, I still usually act under the presumption that the object will fail on import if I have it open in the target environment.

I agree with you in that it'd be neat to have a little bit more granular visibility into this behavior, though I'm not holding my breath (and frankly I'd rather Appian spend their seemingly super-limited dev time on any of the other dozen or so items on my personal 'Designer UX' wishlist / feature request backlog).

Children
No Data