How are the URLs to individual Records created, and is it possible to change the URL followed by a record link.

Certified Lead Developer

We're facing an issue where all URLs with a certain string contained within them are blocked no questions asked for security purposes.

It just so happens that the URL of a particular record instance in PROD has the magic letters in order against quadrillions of chances, and it's now blocked so users can't access the record.

Is there a way to change the URL that's generated for that particular record, such as changing the ID of the record?  Should we try reimporting the record, or is it likely to wind up with the same ID?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I don't know of any way to change the URL for an existing record identifier, but I can confirm that if you use a different ID the URL will be different. You can test it out with the urlforrecord() function - you don't even need a valid ID to show what the URL is for different IDs.

Like Chris said though, there isn't really a way to change the URL stub - unfortunately if the problem string is in the stub you'll likely have to create a new record type.

• I don't know of any way to change the URL for an existing record identifier, but I can confirm that if you use a different ID the URL will be different. You can test it out with the urlforrecord() function - you don't even need a valid ID to show what the URL is for different IDs.

Like Chris said though, there isn't really a way to change the URL stub - unfortunately if the problem string is in the stub you'll likely have to create a new record type.

Children
No Data