Migrating Oracle Database from 12g to 19c

Hi,

I am currently using Appian 22.1.875 on Linux servers. Presently, my applications are using Oracle12, but now my DBA team is planning to migrate to 19c. Will there be any issues after the upgradation of DB to 19c? Has anyone tried this? Was there any impact on the existing applications in Production environment because of this migration?

Please help.

Regards,

Chetana

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have a few applications that utilize an external Oracle database (not our primary business data source) which was recently upgraded to 19c and we did not have any issues.  Typically unless the database structure is changing (which does not occur during these upgrades), my only concern would be the JDBC drivers, which are listed as the same for Oracle 11g through 19c.

Is there no test instance this will be performed on first?  That is typically the best way to verify, however I would not be concerned.

• We have a few applications that utilize an external Oracle database (not our primary business data source) which was recently upgraded to 19c and we did not have any issues.  Typically unless the database structure is changing (which does not occur during these upgrades), my only concern would be the JDBC drivers, which are listed as the same for Oracle 11g through 19c.

Is there no test instance this will be performed on first?  That is typically the best way to verify, however I would not be concerned.

Children