I am unable to open the Appian 7.4 designer even after successful installation a

I am unable to open the Appian 7.4 designer even after successful installation and start of Appian and Jboss servers.
When I try to access the link localhost:8080/.../designer, I just get to see "This page can't be displayed" message.
I have attached the following files for reference specific to my installation -
> standalone.xml
> custom.properties
> appian-ds.xml
> module.xml
Could you help me identify the root cause for not been able to open the designer? ...

artifacts.zip

OriginalPostID-108964

OriginalPostID-108964

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since the server.log doesn't contain any errors we can assume the checkengine output is also showing all engines as Okay (we cannot confirm since you attached the script itself instead of the output of its execution).

Based on the symptoms it could be an issue with the hosts file of the server or an issue with where you are testing.

1. If you are testing DIRECTLY on the server where you installed Appian then you can definitely use localhost:8080/.../designer

---> This requires you to have an entry in the hosts file C:\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\etc of type

127.0.0.1 aaaa.bbb.ccc aaaa localhost

for example, if the hostname of the server is eduardo.appiancorp.com then the entry should read

127.0.0.1 eduardo.appiancorp.com eduardo localhost

2. But if you installed Appian on Server A and want to test using a web browser on Machine B then you cannot use localhost since localhost means "this computer". In that case you need to use the server name such as:

myserver.mycompanydomain.com:8080/.../designer
  • Since the server.log doesn't contain any errors we can assume the checkengine output is also showing all engines as Okay (we cannot confirm since you attached the script itself instead of the output of its execution).

Based on the symptoms it could be an issue with the hosts file of the server or an issue with where you are testing.

1. If you are testing DIRECTLY on the server where you installed Appian then you can definitely use localhost:8080/.../designer

---> This requires you to have an entry in the hosts file C:\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\etc of type

127.0.0.1 aaaa.bbb.ccc aaaa localhost

for example, if the hostname of the server is eduardo.appiancorp.com then the entry should read

127.0.0.1 eduardo.appiancorp.com eduardo localhost

2. But if you installed Appian on Server A and want to test using a web browser on Machine B then you cannot use localhost since localhost means "this computer". In that case you need to use the server name such as:

myserver.mycompanydomain.com:8080/.../designer
Children
No Data