Appian security, basic user, Appian Designer.

Hi,

I would like to restrict a user (Business User) to access only site access using site menus. At the same time, I would like to restrict business user to "Appian Designer".

How can I achieve this. Any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    restrict a user (Business User) to access only site access using site menus

A user would be able to access any Sites for which they have Viewership visibility.  Sites they have visibility into would populate in the site menu.  What are you seeing that's different?  Is there any other detail you can provide to help us figure out what you're after?

I would like to restrict business user to "Appian Designer".

I don't really understand what you mean by this.  Is "business user" the same one as mentioned in the first use case, or is this something separate?  Do you mean you'd have someone who can see Designer but doesn't have access to any Sites?  Generally speaking this would not usually happen since someone with Designer access will have at least enough visibility to see the back-end and objects (including the Site design/config objects), which would inherently give them access to go to the front-end versions of those Sites as well.  Again, can you clarify exactly what you're after here, and how it differs from what your users are currently able to do?

• Hi,

I have to team of 2 people, and I would like to provide "Appian Designer" access so that they can start developing the site with all required functionalities.

On the other hand, I have to maintain Business users who will utilize the site which has been developed by team and access the required functionalities.

Now, I don't want to allow Business users to access the Appian Designer to do any kind of development.

How can I achieve this.

Thanks

• Hi,

I have to team of 2 people, and I would like to provide "Appian Designer" access so that they can start developing the site with all required functionalities.

On the other hand, I have to maintain Business users who will utilize the site which has been developed by team and access the required functionalities.

Now, I don't want to allow Business users to access the Appian Designer to do any kind of development.

How can I achieve this.

Thanks

Children