We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise w/ SP1 System Type: 64 bit Insta

System Type: 64 bit
Installing Appian 7.5 with
Appian Configuration Manager 7.5 R2
jboss-eap-6.2.0

- Java 7 Installed.
- MySQL installed. data and primary schemas created.
- Acquired temporary license

Following directions as outlined in "Appian Configuration Manager" documentation

STUCK at "Configure environment specific files"

I don't know how to configure <project.home>/build/local.properties
I don't know how to configure custom.properties
I don't know how to install/configure anything with JBoss EAP (or even where to put it?)
I don't know how to define properties for the data sources in [environment].properties files

Trying to execute 'ant' throws an error saying 'build.xml doesn't exist!'

I'm very stuck and very frustrated. Any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you need any other info or files attached.

Thanks,
Charlie...

OriginalPostID-111524

OriginalPostID-111524

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The Appian Configuration Manager (ACM) is an additional tool when setting up Appian. However, this still requires going over the production documentation.
    The required configurations for custom.properties can be found here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Post-Install_Configurations
    You can always search the Documentation for information about any specific properties that are listed in custom.properties.

The ACM uses a *.properties file for configuring what custom.properties would be for each of your environments in an installation NOT using the ACM. Many of the properties are the same as custom.properties, and it also includes configurations for standalone.xml and appian-ds.xml.
    standalone.xml per forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_JBoss
    appian-ds.xml per forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_Relational_Databases

You'll need to configure JBoss if you are NOT using the ACM. Otherwise, you would define the location of JBoss (the exploded directory or the zip file) in *.properties at the appropriate value.

Have you defined an ANT_HOME system variable that points to the <APPIAN_HOME>\          hirdpartyapps\\apache-ant?
  • The Appian Configuration Manager (ACM) is an additional tool when setting up Appian. However, this still requires going over the production documentation.
    The required configurations for custom.properties can be found here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Post-Install_Configurations
    You can always search the Documentation for information about any specific properties that are listed in custom.properties.

The ACM uses a *.properties file for configuring what custom.properties would be for each of your environments in an installation NOT using the ACM. Many of the properties are the same as custom.properties, and it also includes configurations for standalone.xml and appian-ds.xml.
    standalone.xml per forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_JBoss
    appian-ds.xml per forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_Relational_Databases

You'll need to configure JBoss if you are NOT using the ACM. Otherwise, you would define the location of JBoss (the exploded directory or the zip file) in *.properties at the appropriate value.

Have you defined an ANT_HOME system variable that points to the <APPIAN_HOME>\          hirdpartyapps\\apache-ant?
Children
No Data