Having problem connecting to the primary database. I'm trying to start

Having problem connecting to the primary database.
I'm trying to start JBOSS in Linux (UBUNTU 14.04), database is MySQL.

ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/suite]] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 56) JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigurationLoader: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize and validate the primary data source. (APNX-1-4179-004)
          at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianRuntimeException.<init>(AppianRuntimeException.java:52) [appian-suiteapi.jar:]
          at com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException.<init>(FatalConfigurationException.java:23) [appian-common.jar:]
          at com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig.finish(PrimaryDataSourceConfi...

server.log_linux

OriginalPostID-111708

OriginalPostID-111708

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...g.java:29) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp

Caused by: DataSourceConnectionException[jdbc/AppianPrimaryDS]: FATAL: The primary datasource cannot be reached. Access to the primary datasource is required. The Appian application will fail to deploy. Details: Unable to build EntityManagerFactory (APNX-1-4179-002)
              at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianRuntimeException.<init>(AppianRuntimeException.java:52) [appian-suiteapi.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.common.DataSourceConnectionException.<init>(DataSourceConnectionException.java:25) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.handleConnectionErrors(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:790) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.getEntityManagerFactory(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:592) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.getSessionFactory(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:577) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.r...
  • ...dbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.initialize(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:413) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig.finish(PrimaryDataSourceConfig.java:22) [appian-rdbms.jar:]

I also tried connecting to MySQL database using console and successfully connected to the primary and business DS.
    I already tried following from a previous post
    APPROACH #1

0. Stop the application server
    1. Delete

<APPIAN_HOME>\\_admin\\shared
    <JBOSS_HOME>\\standalone\\log\\*.*

2. Start the application server

APPROACH #2

0. Stop the application server
    1. Log-in to the Primary DS
    2. Run this query to delete the records from the cfg table

Attaching log file as well.
  • Hello Steve,

It seems like the issue is the hostname on which the My SQL is hosted.

16:18:07,975 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 56) 2014-06-02 16:18:07,974 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 56] INFO com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig - Validating and initializing the primary data source: jdbc/AppianPrimaryDS
    16:18:09,194 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 56) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
    The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
    Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: @conf.data.primary.url@

Check your appian-ds.xml to see if the hostname for the MySQL Server is listed correctly. Currently it looks like the appian-ds.xml is using the *hostname token* from the build.
  • Excellent...that worked. Apparently I executed ACM for 7.5 for windows 8 and had no issues with appian-ds.xml. In linux installation ACM never updated/populated appian-ds.xml based on custom.properties file. But now i'm good to go. Thank you so much!!!