We have a user case where we need to start a process from an external system by

We have a user case where we need to start a process from an external system by exposing a process as a web service.
We do not use SSO and at the moment this is out of scope. In order for this to work we need to synchronise a password of single user account between our Appian cloud environment and the external system. As passwords expire every X days, I need a way to keep the passwords synchronised without manual intervention. The change user password smart service doesn't allow for expressions to set the password so the only way I can do this is for a user to log into Appian and update the password and then update the config of the external system. Is there any way I can build a process to change the password to something other than a hard coded value?

OriginalPostID-111822

OriginalPostID-111822

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • David, I think you have misunderstood what I need. I only need to synchronise a single user accounts password between the two systems so that the external system can call into Appian and start a process via a web service - which are required when declaring a process as a web service . I am not looking to sync all user details. So really all I need to do is change a users password every X days, to a new password, without manual intervention.
  • David, I think you have misunderstood what I need. I only need to synchronise a single user accounts password between the two systems so that the external system can call into Appian and start a process via a web service - which are required when declaring a process as a web service . I am not looking to sync all user details. So really all I need to do is change a users password every X days, to a new password, without manual intervention.
Children
No Data