Hi, We had to shutdown our Production Appian and JBoss Servers last n

Hi,

We had to shutdown our Production Appian and JBoss Servers last night to do some work on the Database server, Once this work was completed and the Database server was back, we attempted to start Appian (which started without any issues) and the JBoss which would not start.

Once I had gone through the log files I traced the problem to a lock in the Appian Primary Datastore, which is the same problem we had in UAT back in January (Case #323803).

The question I need to get answered is why does this lock occur? We have not done any updates on SQL or any Appian/JBoss patches, and is there any way to prevent this from happening?

thanks

OriginalPostID-111885

OriginalPostID-111885

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When the application server starts and the validation of the primary DS occurs the LOCK flag is turned on in the Primary DS; the lock is then released when this process completes but if for some reason JBoss is stopped before the lock is released or the DB connectivity is lost then the lock column may remain set to 1 (very rare scenario) and you will need to manually set it to 0 otherwise the next restart will fail since Jboss won't be able to complete the required startup step of validating the primary DS which requires it to acquire the lock
  • When the application server starts and the validation of the primary DS occurs the LOCK flag is turned on in the Primary DS; the lock is then released when this process completes but if for some reason JBoss is stopped before the lock is released or the DB connectivity is lost then the lock column may remain set to 1 (very rare scenario) and you will need to manually set it to 0 otherwise the next restart will fail since Jboss won't be able to complete the required startup step of validating the primary DS which requires it to acquire the lock
Children
No Data