We are copying production data down to a test environment. We want to change th

We are copying production data down to a test environment. We want to change the email addresses and passwords so that for testing we do not confuse production customers. Where are user email addresses and user passwords stored, so that we can run a database update script to adjust those over to a testing value?...

OriginalPostID-111920

OriginalPostID-111920

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Few comments:
    1. Use server/_scripts/stop-suite.sh instead of checkpoint + service stop. This ensures transaction completeness.
    2. Make sure you backup and migrate all DB data sources
    3. When stopping engines, just check for k processes running. If none are running, your app is shut down.
    4. Are Appian configuration settings in test in line with PROD? I would REMOVE all the smtp host configuration so that the app does not send any emails after migration.
    By migrating prod kdbs you are essentially creating a clone of production, including all users and their profiles. Anything on test will be overwritten. Any testing that is being performed is going to have to be stopped. That is also one of the reasons why I think moving prod data to a different environment is a better idea.
  • Few comments:
    1. Use server/_scripts/stop-suite.sh instead of checkpoint + service stop. This ensures transaction completeness.
    2. Make sure you backup and migrate all DB data sources
    3. When stopping engines, just check for k processes running. If none are running, your app is shut down.
    4. Are Appian configuration settings in test in line with PROD? I would REMOVE all the smtp host configuration so that the app does not send any emails after migration.
    By migrating prod kdbs you are essentially creating a clone of production, including all users and their profiles. Anything on test will be overwritten. Any testing that is being performed is going to have to be stopped. That is also one of the reasons why I think moving prod data to a different environment is a better idea.
Children
No Data