Appian Designer Folder size difference

Hey Everyone,
Not a technical issue just a question about the folder sizes in Appian. When I'm looking at folder I can see it has a size of 48.2 GB.

But when I open it to see what is inside of it there are only a few items, where the size doesn't reach anywhere close to the stated 48.2 GB.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

We have the same issue in at least 2 of our large knowledge centers.  As far as I can tell, the issue mainly stems from documents that were originally uploaded under a particular root folder / KC, but were then moved elsewhere.  Apparently Appian doesn't actually calculate the sizes correctly in these cases - and in my case even, running a "getDocumentsFromFolder()" on the root folder in question turns up results that actually aren't in that root folder.  I have had a few different support cases regarding this issue in the past few years but not much luck yet getting any sort of automated resolution.

Certified Lead Developer

We have the same issue in at least 2 of our large knowledge centers.  As far as I can tell, the issue mainly stems from documents that were originally uploaded under a particular root folder / KC, but were then moved elsewhere.  Apparently Appian doesn't actually calculate the sizes correctly in these cases - and in my case even, running a "getDocumentsFromFolder()" on the root folder in question turns up results that actually aren't in that root folder.  I have had a few different support cases regarding this issue in the past few years but not much luck yet getting any sort of automated resolution.

Children
No Data