Get package content

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

A situation that arise frequently is that there are several issues open, and two or more of them include same interface, rule or any other kind of appian object. Deveoppers assigned to each issue made necessary changes and usually they coordinate themselves without problem, but in ocassions we deploy untested or unwanted changes to upper environments by mistake.

So, I am thinking on a application that help us on get a better control on deployments. This application act as a ongoing package inventory, and should be able to compare contents of each packages in order to warn about objects that were part of mor than one package.

To do so, I need a way to programmatically get the content of a package.

Does anybody know a way to achieve this?

Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you all. 

Once I've realized that, at this moment, ther is no way to retrieve packages content programmatically, I've done something on MS Excel based upon Export log file you can get manually when you are exporting a package. These export log files includes package content and they can be easily imported to an Excel sheet.

So, I import on the same excel sheet every package I have on going, and can compare the contents before deployment.

That wasn't my first idea, but it meets my goal.

Thanks again, I appreciate the time you get to answer me.

Regards

• Thank you all. 

Once I've realized that, at this moment, ther is no way to retrieve packages content programmatically, I've done something on MS Excel based upon Export log file you can get manually when you are exporting a package. These export log files includes package content and they can be easily imported to an Excel sheet.

So, I import on the same excel sheet every package I have on going, and can compare the contents before deployment.

That wasn't my first idea, but it meets my goal.

Thanks again, I appreciate the time you get to answer me.

Regards

Children
No Data