I have installed 7.5 by runnig through the documentation but cant seem to access

I have installed 7.5 by runnig through the documentation but cant seem to access the admin console, tempo or the interface designer. they return this error (see attached). This is displayed for all three web browsers.
This line is logged in the app log:
2014-06-12 22:15:10,597 [http-/0.0.0.0:8080-5] ERROR com.appiancorp.security.authz.Forbidden - Could not log forbidden URI. forbiddenUri=/rest/a/content/latest/branding/favicon/1402566613000, originalUri=/rest/a/content/latest/branding/favicon/1402566613000
java.lang.NullPointerException
Is this a common installation issue? What have I got wrong?...

OriginalPostID-112984

OriginalPostID-112984

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would also add to Eduardo's comment that you should check if ACM file customizations like web.xml need to be merged into Appian hotfixes along with upgrades. I discovered that some Appian hotfixes include an updated web.xml file (for example, Appian 7.5 hotfix package C that was just released contains an updated web.xml).
    Basically you should manually inspect the hotfix package and see if it has any files like web.xml that you have customized in ACM. I don't think Appian provides this information in the release notes for hotfixes.
  • I would also add to Eduardo's comment that you should check if ACM file customizations like web.xml need to be merged into Appian hotfixes along with upgrades. I discovered that some Appian hotfixes include an updated web.xml file (for example, Appian 7.5 hotfix package C that was just released contains an updated web.xml).
    Basically you should manually inspect the hotfix package and see if it has any files like web.xml that you have customized in ACM. I don't think Appian provides this information in the release notes for hotfixes.
Children
No Data