Import Object as a new object in different appilication in same environment.

Certified Senior Developer

I have list of objects I want to reuse in  different application. How can I import object as new object with New Application Prefix. Duplicating each object will take time. My goal here is to make objects which are reusable for future. 
Please let me know if more information needed.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

My suggestion: identify any objects you want to have as "global reusable" objects shared between different applications, and migrate them to a new, centralized application, folder structure, and naming convention (luckily these days renaming rules/constants is possible - in the old days this was a disaster).

As others have said, creating duplicates of everything is time consuming and a little bit wasteful (especially as it doesn't add any particular benefit).  If you have 5 such objects it should take you 15 minutes.  If you have hundreds, then that's quite a bit more of an effort, and whether you really want to undertake this will depend on how urgent it is.

Certified Lead Developer

My suggestion: identify any objects you want to have as "global reusable" objects shared between different applications, and migrate them to a new, centralized application, folder structure, and naming convention (luckily these days renaming rules/constants is possible - in the old days this was a disaster).

As others have said, creating duplicates of everything is time consuming and a little bit wasteful (especially as it doesn't add any particular benefit).  If you have 5 such objects it should take you 15 minutes.  If you have hundreds, then that's quite a bit more of an effort, and whether you really want to undertake this will depend on how urgent it is.

Children
No Data