whisteblowing notification

Hi folks,

I want to know if Appian has got an anonymous reporting features(whistelblowing) by the user of an application/site, like this one in the link: Compliance & Government Affairs Hotline Solutions - Life Sciences | Appian.

I don't find anything unfortunately, not in the documentation neither in the support section.

Does anybody has some idea?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

The only anonymous access to Appian is via a portal. Did you check that already?

• Nope. And i don't have the possibility to create a portal with my contract.

And how can this correlated with my question about a notification features? 

Thanks in advance

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to albertob5031

OK. Seems like I misunderstood your ask. What exactly are you looking for? The link did not really help me.

• Something like that Compliance & Government Affairs Hotline Solutions - Life Sciences | Appian , a notification system in which an user can send an incorrect conduct anonymously to a centralized system, without the possibility to see who created the request

• If you call a WebAPI you will have that run under a Service Account. You opt to include (or not) the original User's account in the payload. If you're worried about people looking at the process that calls this WebAPI you can have the process deleted immediately after it has completed so no-one can see who started it. In fact, you can invoke a WebAPI directly from a User Interface (in the save of a button) so you don't even need to worry about any process instances to clean up.

• +1
    Certified Senior Developer

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Appian provides a low-code platform that allows organizations to build custom applications, including applications for compliance and reporting purposes. However, whether or not Appian has a specific "anonymous reporting" or "whistleblowing" feature out-of-the-box can vary, and it may require customization based on your organization's specific requirements.

Appian's core functionality includes the ability to create forms for data input, workflows for managing processes, and user interfaces for displaying information. These features can be used as building blocks to create an anonymous reporting system like a whistleblowing hotline.

To implement anonymous reporting in Appian, you would typically:

1. **Create a Form**: Design a form that allows users to submit reports anonymously. Include fields for the report details, category, and any other relevant information.

2. **Security and Anonymity**: Configure security roles and permissions to control who can access the reporting system and who can view submitted reports. Ensure that anonymous reports are stored without revealing the identity of the reporter. You may need to use techniques such as generating anonymous user IDs.

3. **Workflow**: Set up a workflow to handle the reported incidents. Depending on the nature of the reports, you can route them to the appropriate individuals or teams for review and investigation.

4. **Notifications**: Implement notification mechanisms to inform relevant personnel when a new report is submitted. Notifications can be sent via email or integrated with other notification systems.

5. **Reporting and Analytics**: Develop reporting and analytics features to track trends, analyze data, and monitor the effectiveness of your whistleblowing hotline.

6. **Compliance**: Ensure that your solution complies with any legal or regulatory requirements for reporting and handling incidents.

7. **Testing and Training**: Thoroughly test the system to ensure it functions as expected. Provide training to users and administrators on how to use the system effectively.

8. **Continuous Improvement**: Gather feedback from users and stakeholders to make improvements to the system and adapt it as necessary to meet changing compliance and reporting needs.

Regarding specific features or plugins for anonymous reporting, it's possible that Appian has introduced new features or integrations after my last knowledge update in September 2021. To get the most up-to-date information on Appian's capabilities, I recommend reaching out to Appian's official support or sales team, or checking their official website for any new features or solutions related to anonymous reporting or whistleblowing. They should be able to provide you with the latest information and guidance on implementing such a feature within the Appian platform.

• thanks sir, i'll proceed with the technical support

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to albertob5031

Be aware that this post is generated by ChatGPT.

But to answer your question, I think there is no special support needed to implement a whistleblowing case management app. Just make sure that the information intake channels are anonymous.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to hemanthkumar

Would you please stop doing this!!!