Can someone give me some advice on how they do code management / application bac

Can someone give me some advice on how they do code management / application backups? My colleagues have been downloading application .zip packages and versioning those in our code management tool, but is this the best way? Should we instead extract the zip files and commit the files individually? ...

OriginalPostID-117640

OriginalPostID-117640

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Checking in the .zip application archives is standard practice at each of the projects I've worked on. Importing the backup application creates new versions of each object that reflect the state of those objects when they were exported. You could extract the objects in order to provide a line-by-line code comparison, but editing the raw XML is not a supported way to restore prior versions of your development objects.
  • Checking in the .zip application archives is standard practice at each of the projects I've worked on. Importing the backup application creates new versions of each object that reflect the state of those objects when they were exported. You could extract the objects in order to provide a line-by-line code comparison, but editing the raw XML is not a supported way to restore prior versions of your development objects.
Children
No Data