Need to improve Appian RPA robotic tasks performance

I have a robotic task that gets triggered from the smart service node in Process model. I am providing some details with respect to the bot so that I can get help exactly where we can improve the performance.

Robotic task -> The robotic task receives an excel document, downloads it (download doc step), then it has to open the doc, and perform some excel actions(Sort,Find value,Filter etc) that we have configured using excel actions.
The catch is that the bot first needs to check which action is it that it needs to perform (so we use if expression true to confirm the action, since this comes from the process model + DB).
Now we have robotic sub tasks as well since there are close to 40 actions, therefore we have divided them.

Configuration --> Download > Open workbook > Select sheet > Loop in actions > Pick first action > Run if expressions (present in sub bots) to confirm which action it is > Apply action > Will check other action until comes out of loop after executing all actions.

Our problem
-> On average it is taking over 3 min to execute any excel action (this is minimum or average), if there are more actions then it will take much more time.

Expectation -> Need to reduce the time for 1 action to execute within a minute.

The bot usually takes 30s-1 min in reaching the open workbook step itself, so obviously excel action will take time to complete.

2 things we miss here is a switch case (something like a!match) that could directly help us land on that specific action step instead it keeps checking each step until it arrives on correct one that we want to execute.
Second there is no break type of action that can help us get out of loop immediately once action is done.

What in general can be done to improve bot performance, any experience with RPA performance related things that people have and can share, that will be helpful?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible