Does appian admin console changes are captured if the user didn't save anything in the admin console page?

Certified Senior Developer

I am trying to find an answer for the below question : 
Can we capture the user activity in Admin console or designer page even if the user is not changing anything there . If the user just explore the admin console pages like maintenance window , user start pages ,etc. and they are not making any changes , Is this activity also captured in the logs and if it is which log should I find it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

AFAIK, A simple answer to this question would be no.

Hi  ,

Whenever user just logs in and navigate through the Designer/Admin Console/Portals/RPA, Appian will not be capturing any logs except login and logout logs.

Whenever user logs in and do some changes in the Designer/Admin Console/Portals/RPA, Appian will capture user's activity in their respective log files

If you want to know, who are currently logged into the platform and their activity duration. You can go to Admin Console, under Monitoring you can see the Current User Activity.

The Current User Activity page allows you to see which users are currently active on your site.

User activity is stored for 1 hour and only the most recent 1000 entries are displayed.

When a user logs out of the system, they are removed from the list of recent activity.

It is possible for the same user to appear in the list twice if they are connected from two different browsers or mobile clients

:

Please verify the Current User Activity in the Designer/Admin Console under MONITORING.

Additionally, another action you can take, which I'm not entirely certain about, is to navigate to System logs/Audit and check for user activity.