Restrict file extensions on Appian Designer

Hello All,

We have a use case where we need to restrict Appian users that have access to Appian designer to not to upload a certain file type extensions like executable files for example. We've tried to restrict by adding extensions to block on admin console but it is only restricting on Sites and portals but not on Designer.

Note : We need to apply restrictions on create new document file upload component and import application file upload component.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I believe the best practice would be to limit designer access to users who know what they're doing, and who won't upload files of a type that aren't allowed by project development best practices.  You can enforce that by good project management oversight (daily if needed, i guess).

For what it's worth, though, simply uploading an EXE file to the appian environment has *extremely little* potential danger in and of itself - even a compromised file (afaik) would need to be downloaded and run by some other user for it to ever have any effect.

Certified Lead Developer

I believe the best practice would be to limit designer access to users who know what they're doing, and who won't upload files of a type that aren't allowed by project development best practices.  You can enforce that by good project management oversight (daily if needed, i guess).

For what it's worth, though, simply uploading an EXE file to the appian environment has *extremely little* potential danger in and of itself - even a compromised file (afaik) would need to be downloaded and run by some other user for it to ever have any effect.

Children
No Data