Working on this fresh Appian 7.8 install I seem to be stuck at a certain point.

Working on this fresh Appian 7.8 install I seem to be stuck at a certain point. Target env is Win7, Oracle XE 11g, JBoss 6.3 EAP. Went through the complete install/config and seems I am having issues with JBoss startup. Database starts OK, Appian Engines start OK (I get all "okay" when I run checkengine.bat).

JBoss starts up but when I go to localhost:8080/.../designer I get a login prompt for the XA datasource. There is an error in the JBoss server.log with respect to datasource authentication but my oracle user and password are OK. Anyhow, I've attached my server.log, standalone.xml and appian-ds.xml.

Not sure what rock to turn over at this point....

appian-ds.xml

OriginalPostID-135669

OriginalPostID-135669

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • So after conferring with my team (and a little more research on the forum here) I had three main issues with my initial install, all of which were related to JBoss. I'm documenting this as so that someone who is relatively new to Appian as I am might benefit.

1) Installation of the Spring module. Many of the JBoss errors I got were because I didn't have the commonJ copied in the right place. The install documentation is correct in saying to copy the contents into the JBoss modules folder but what would be a little more clear (to someone like myself who is early in the learning curve with JBoss) is to give the folder paths or perhaps provide a note. After some close inspection and trial/error I figured it out but it tripped me up.
  • So after conferring with my team (and a little more research on the forum here) I had three main issues with my initial install, all of which were related to JBoss. I'm documenting this as so that someone who is relatively new to Appian as I am might benefit.

1) Installation of the Spring module. Many of the JBoss errors I got were because I didn't have the commonJ copied in the right place. The install documentation is correct in saying to copy the contents into the JBoss modules folder but what would be a little more clear (to someone like myself who is early in the learning curve with JBoss) is to give the folder paths or perhaps provide a note. After some close inspection and trial/error I figured it out but it tripped me up.
Children
No Data