Working on this fresh Appian 7.8 install I seem to be stuck at a certain point.

Working on this fresh Appian 7.8 install I seem to be stuck at a certain point. Target env is Win7, Oracle XE 11g, JBoss 6.3 EAP. Went through the complete install/config and seems I am having issues with JBoss startup. Database starts OK, Appian Engines start OK (I get all "okay" when I run checkengine.bat).

JBoss starts up but when I go to localhost:8080/.../designer I get a login prompt for the XA datasource. There is an error in the JBoss server.log with respect to datasource authentication but my oracle user and password are OK. Anyhow, I've attached my server.log, standalone.xml and appian-ds.xml.

Not sure what rock to turn over at this point....

appian-ds.xml

OriginalPostID-135669

OriginalPostID-135669

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 3) I had overlooked going through the custom.properties file. What I did was take one from another post on the forum and sync up the settings--obviously making things specific to my environment such as server and port names, datasources, etc

4) Port conflicts. I am running oracle xe as my rdbms and it runs a service on port 8080. I had to change this port setting (easily done and there is another article on this forum discussing it). The install documentation does talk about this in the troubleshooting.

Again, the above were what I ran into on my first time around. My system is up and humming now.

Hope this helps!
  • 3) I had overlooked going through the custom.properties file. What I did was take one from another post on the forum and sync up the settings--obviously making things specific to my environment such as server and port names, datasources, etc

4) Port conflicts. I am running oracle xe as my rdbms and it runs a service on port 8080. I had to change this port setting (easily done and there is another article on this forum discussing it). The install documentation does talk about this in the troubleshooting.

Again, the above were what I ran into on my first time around. My system is up and humming now.

Hope this helps!
Children
No Data