We have a 7.8 environment and are having issues with the default landing page, s

Certified Lead Developer
We have a 7.8 environment and are having issues with the default landing page, specifically when users log out and log back in. When a user logs out, they are taken to /suite/ and when they attempt to log back in they are shown a 403 - Forbidden Error. The 'Return' link in this error points to the URL <environment base url>:<port>/suite where the user is able to log in again, but then shown again to the 403 error. The User Start Pages in the admin console seems to be set up correctly. The default is <environment base url>:<port>/suite/tempo/ and I have even tried adding the same URL for our All User Group. Below is the error that we are receiving in the log when a user attempts to log back in.

2015-03-15 20:23:28,153 [ajp-/0.0.0.0:8010-4] ERROR com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils - Cannot retrieve the value for key "conf.defaultLandingPage.DEFAULT_LANDING_PAGE.instructions" from the bundle.
2015-03-15 20:23:28,155 [ajp-/0.0.0.0:8010-4] ER...

OriginalPostID-142036

OriginalPostID-142036

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • My bad, you're right, it's absolute not a relative path.

Basically what I was trying to say is that you shouldn't just use

dev.ourNEWdomain.com:9123/.../

you need to use something else after the word "tempo" to specify where users should land, either tasks, reports, news, actions, etc.

If the purpose of simply using /suite/tempo/ was to make Tempo the default environment then there's no need, as you mention, not editing DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT already sets the default to Tempo.

Start pages are to specify more than just /suite/tempo/ (which results in News being the landing page). For example, a lot of people choose Tasks as the start page which is:

dev.ourNEWdomain.com:9123/.../assignedtome

Using /suite/tempo/ is redundant.
  • My bad, you're right, it's absolute not a relative path.

Basically what I was trying to say is that you shouldn't just use

dev.ourNEWdomain.com:9123/.../

you need to use something else after the word "tempo" to specify where users should land, either tasks, reports, news, actions, etc.

If the purpose of simply using /suite/tempo/ was to make Tempo the default environment then there's no need, as you mention, not editing DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT already sets the default to Tempo.

Start pages are to specify more than just /suite/tempo/ (which results in News being the landing page). For example, a lot of people choose Tasks as the start page which is:

dev.ourNEWdomain.com:9123/.../assignedtome

Using /suite/tempo/ is redundant.
Children
No Data