Hello All, I have upgraded multiple server from Appian 7.7 to Appian

Hello All,

I have upgraded multiple server from Appian 7.7 to Appian 7.8. During upgradation I found few issues on all the servers but it does not cause any problem in starting the server.I am unable to understand and resolve this issue. Could anyone help me in resolving the issues.

Attached is the server.log file to view the detailed issue.

Thanks in Advance

server.log

OriginalPostID-142232

OriginalPostID-142232

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• If you are referring to the: "InvalidTypeException" that error can be safely disregarded, it simply indicates the DESIGN engine hasn't finished propagating the data types to the rest of the engines, ones it finishes those errors disappear. This shouldn't prevent the environment from working properly.
  • Thanks Eduardo,
    Actually I want to know the reason for below errors and how to resolve this:

ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'Puppeteer' (com.appiancorp.psshared.puppeteer) version 1.1.2: 'There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'TaskPuppeteer' in plugin 'Puppeteer'.
    12:06:20,257 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 84) Error retrieving dependency of class: com.appiancorp.psshared.puppeteer.TaskPuppeteerActivity. Missing class: com/appiancorp/suiteapi/process/engine/ProcessEngineService'

12:06:20,257 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 84) 2015-02-12 12:06:20,257 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 84] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'Type Builder' (com.appiancorp.utilities.typeBuilder) version 1.0.0: 'A required class was missing: com.appian.utilities.type.builder.TypeGeneratorActivity. Please check that you have all of the required dependencies.<br/>javax/xml/namespace/QName'

12:07:22,865 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 84) 2015-02-12 12:07:22,865 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 84] ERROR com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.TypedValueReturnConverter - Error converting value of type 6188

12:07:22,868 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 84) 2015-02-12 12:07:22,866 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 84] ERROR com.appiancorp.kougar.mapper.returns.MapReturnConverter - MapReturnConverter could not convert List to Map
  • The plug-in errors? You may want to get the latest versions for those. There's a TaskPuppeteer for JDK7 on Forum under Shared Components, the other one I don't think it has been recently updated.