Hello, I have noticed cases where executing CHECKENGINE displays some

Hello,

I have noticed cases where executing CHECKENGINE displays some engines with ERROR and a description of GW has restarted <#> times. However, the system is responsive and all automatic and manual checkpoints have succeeded going back 2-3 days.

What does the description "GW has restarted # times" mean exactly? What is its impact on the system?

Regards,
Thanos

OriginalPostID-146877

OriginalPostID-146877

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Typically, a Gateway restart should not be an issue, unless a gateway is restarting continuously. However, it is still important to address the cause of the Gateway restart, to ensure that the message can be safely dis-regarded (if the gateway restarted a couple of times.

Also, note that the message will be cleared from the check-engine script, once you do a complete restart of the Appian Engines.

To investigate the cause of your restart further, can you attach:
    a) The complete check-engine log
    b) The gw_*.log and db_*.log for one of the Appian Engines where you see the message "Gateway has restarted # times"?

The check-engine log will provide the time stamp from when the Gateway restart and I would like to check the gw_*.log for the root cause of the Gateway restart.
  • Typically, a Gateway restart should not be an issue, unless a gateway is restarting continuously. However, it is still important to address the cause of the Gateway restart, to ensure that the message can be safely dis-regarded (if the gateway restarted a couple of times.

Also, note that the message will be cleared from the check-engine script, once you do a complete restart of the Appian Engines.

To investigate the cause of your restart further, can you attach:
    a) The complete check-engine log
    b) The gw_*.log and db_*.log for one of the Appian Engines where you see the message "Gateway has restarted # times"?

The check-engine log will provide the time stamp from when the Gateway restart and I would like to check the gw_*.log for the root cause of the Gateway restart.
Children
No Data