Is there any way to set server-specific variables in the Appian Configuration Ma

Is there any way to set server-specific variables in the Appian Configuration Manager (ACM)? I have multiple application servers in my environment, and some of the configuration settings need to be specific to a server (e.g., node1, node2, etc.), but the ACM always just wants to set the variables the same for every server... Is there maybe a way to store a value in an environment variable on the server and then reference that in the ACM somehow?

OriginalPostID-146930

OriginalPostID-146930

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are different ways to approach this. The most common method I've seen is to create an environment option and corresponding properties file for each node rather than environment - Dev Env., Test Env. Node 1, Test Env. Node 2, etc.

Another option that is a bit more complex but powerful is that the underlying ANT script can also be updated to leverage environment variables or extended in other ways that meet your needs. This option does make upgrading ACM more difficult however.
  • There are different ways to approach this. The most common method I've seen is to create an environment option and corresponding properties file for each node rather than environment - Dev Env., Test Env. Node 1, Test Env. Node 2, etc.

Another option that is a bit more complex but powerful is that the underlying ANT script can also be updated to leverage environment variables or extended in other ways that meet your needs. This option does make upgrading ACM more difficult however.
Children
No Data