Do we have any script to start search-server as a service in Appian 7.9 instead

Do we have any script to start search-server as a service in Appian 7.9 instead of running bat file

OriginalPostID-147151

OriginalPostID-147151

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• This feature is not currently available at the moment. You can find online documentation (not Appian's) on how to install a Windows service if you would like to configure this using standard Windows commands.
  • I would certainly hope that this feature be provided and supported by Appian in the very near future.... Releasing 7.9 without this functionality being available out-of-the-box seems rather irresponsible. The way things are set up right now, the search-server is running in the foreground and is killed if you log out of the server! The only way to keep it running is to disconnect (but not log out). This creates a very unstable situation for the search-server. If I'm missing something or misstating something here, Eduardo, please correct me. I would be thrilled to be told I'm wrong on this, because then it would mean that my environment isn't in as much trouble as I think it is. :)
  • I concur with "jordanp" as our company is senstive to "freeware" or "opensource" tools on our internal servers. Please include it with the OOB solution in the future releases, as this creates extra IT Security paper work for me for our install/upgrade. We must have this running as a Windows service, not as a bat file by a user's account, which is against our IT Security company policy.
  • Currently working with PS to come up with an alternative solution to wrap this as a Windows service which is not an ideal solution.