Hi, I am trying to install apian 7.8 on my local machine. I have 8 GB

Hi,

I am trying to install apian 7.8 on my local machine. I have 8 GB RAM. I have put aside 2 GB for apian. I am using MySQL for database. I tried installing both through configuration manager and the default way of only jboss. But both times jboss can't seem to write to MySQL. Ear and search-server gets deployed but fails on web-host....Can anyone help on this issue....I am attaching server.log file...

thanks,
Aswin

server-issue-log.txt

OriginalPostID-153021

OriginalPostID-153021

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Looking at the logs again, it seems like there is a nullPointerException, when it tries to call the getConnection method.

17:31:34,511 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 52) 2015-06-17 17:31:34,510 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 52] INFO com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig - Validating and initializing the primary data source: jdbc/AppianPrimaryDS17:31:35,100 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 52) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:429) [mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar:]

Can you try to replace:
    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://yourserver.example.com:3306/your_db_name?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-property>

with:
    <xa-datasource-property name="serverName">such_as_server.example.com</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="portNumber">3306</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="databaseName">such_as_mySQL_for_appian</xa-datasource-property>

Test it out, if it works.
  • Looking at the logs again, it seems like there is a nullPointerException, when it tries to call the getConnection method.

17:31:34,511 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 52) 2015-06-17 17:31:34,510 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 52] INFO com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig - Validating and initializing the primary data source: jdbc/AppianPrimaryDS17:31:35,100 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 52) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:429) [mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar:]

Can you try to replace:
    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://yourserver.example.com:3306/your_db_name?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-property>

with:
    <xa-datasource-property name="serverName">such_as_server.example.com</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="portNumber">3306</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="databaseName">such_as_mySQL_for_appian</xa-datasource-property>

Test it out, if it works.
Children
No Data