Hi, I am trying to install 7.9 version and keep getting this permissi

Hi,

I am trying to install 7.9 version and keep getting this permission denied error inside the server log. I have run the query "Grant all on db.* to 'root'@'localhost' on MySQL for all the databases and I am using root as the user inside standalone.xml. But always keep getting this error that access is denied, Permission denied error. Can anybody suggest anything. Attached is server log.

thanks,
Aswin

server-7.9-log.txt

OriginalPostID-154029

OriginalPostID-154029

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Remove the .dev. You only need these two

appian-MySQL-ds.xml
    apian-MySQL-ds.xml.dodeploy
  • I tried that....but still keep getting the same access denied error....I think the problem is in my standalone.xml file where I declared my datasources.....I am just gonna show the code section here:

<datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/AppianPrimaryDS" pool-name="ds-name-security-primary" enabled="true" use-java-context="false">
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/appian72primary?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</connection-url>
    <driver>h2</driver>
    <security>
    <user-name>root</user-name>
    <password>79ba31e7dd57513d6cf3b03f66c6c6f8</password>
    </security>
    </datasource>
    <datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/AppianBusinessDS" pool-name="ds-name-security-business" enabled="true" use-java-context="false">
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/appian72business?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</connection-url>
    <driver>h2</driver>
    <security>
    <user-name>root</user-name>
    <password>79ba31e7dd57513d6cf3b03f66c6c6f8</password>
    </security>
    </datasource>

Please tell me if there is anything wrong in here, particularly in the connection-url section....it had something weird by default in the beginning which I changed to this URL definition now....but the access denied error was there before also when that weird thing existed...so it just didn't happen because of me changing the definition of this thing(connection-url).....Also I am attaching server.log...

server.log

• Basically I was able to fix all issues and I was able to launch my own Appian instance...but now a new problem comes....I don't see anything on the designer interface...its completely empty when I logged in as Administrator.....I went to the apps portal page and configured the dashboard there to show all active process instances....but still its completely empty.....attached is a screenshot of what I see...

• Run this command:

<APPIAN_HOME>\\_admin\\_scripts\\load.bat