While importing application using Appian Designer (Appian 7.9), the import of ap

While importing application using Appian Designer (Appian 7.9), the import of application was successful but my client got the error

The page could not be loaded. [HTTP Code = 504] (APNX 1-4279-001)

Then, the session ended and logged out from Appian.

Any ides?

OriginalPostID-159299

OriginalPostID-159299

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Eduardo,
    This was in the "design" UI importing an Application ZIP that was 1+Mb. I have since found out it was due to the connection timeout in the Apache HTTPD server that is being used for SSL being too short, at least for the purpose of importing of a large Application ZIP. On the Test environment the timeout was set to 3600 (1hr) and so it worked, but on UAT it was 120 and hence timed out out after 2Min. However, I found it interesting that the Appian install guide recommends we set this timeout to 300. This would cause the error after 5Min. For now, we are not planning to change the settings since the Import operation still works after the error is displayed and it seems advisable to keep this timeout relatively short in a prod environment in order to free up resources.
    Regards,
    Mark
  • Hi Eduardo,
    This was in the "design" UI importing an Application ZIP that was 1+Mb. I have since found out it was due to the connection timeout in the Apache HTTPD server that is being used for SSL being too short, at least for the purpose of importing of a large Application ZIP. On the Test environment the timeout was set to 3600 (1hr) and so it worked, but on UAT it was 120 and hence timed out out after 2Min. However, I found it interesting that the Appian install guide recommends we set this timeout to 300. This would cause the error after 5Min. For now, we are not planning to change the settings since the Import operation still works after the error is displayed and it seems advisable to keep this timeout relatively short in a prod environment in order to free up resources.
    Regards,
    Mark
Children
No Data