Hi All, I am setting up Appian 7.10 server.I have followed "

Hi All,

I am setting up Appian 7.10 server.I have followed "forum.appian.com/.../Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html".

I am facing errors when starting up Jboss.I have failed to copy the error message from the command prompt.

Where can i find this error log so that i can share it here to get to know what exactly went wrong.

Thanks,
Thoufiq.

OriginalPostID-159368

OriginalPostID-159368

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When troubleshooting issues of this type you need to read the log from top to bottom and focus on the very first error. Once you identify the error you review every single "Caused by" clause related to it, usually the "Caused by" at the bottom will be the most helpful.

Focusing on the most bottom error is a big mistake since that's will always be a cascading error.

In your server.log we can clearly see the first error from the top is:

Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadException: Error loading module from D:\\Appian\\Softwares\\jboss-eap-6.4\\modules\\com\\mysql\\jdbc\\main\\module.xml

Failed to add resource root 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar' at path 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar' (position: END_TAG seen ...>\\r\
    <resource-root path="mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar"/>... @3:64) caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\\Appian\\Softwares\\jboss-eap-6.4\\modules\\com\\mysql\\jdbc\\main\\mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

where it is indicated you are referencing a driver in module.xml that doesn't exist.
  • When troubleshooting issues of this type you need to read the log from top to bottom and focus on the very first error. Once you identify the error you review every single "Caused by" clause related to it, usually the "Caused by" at the bottom will be the most helpful.

Focusing on the most bottom error is a big mistake since that's will always be a cascading error.

In your server.log we can clearly see the first error from the top is:

Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadException: Error loading module from D:\\Appian\\Softwares\\jboss-eap-6.4\\modules\\com\\mysql\\jdbc\\main\\module.xml

Failed to add resource root 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar' at path 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar' (position: END_TAG seen ...>\\r\
    <resource-root path="mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar"/>... @3:64) caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\\Appian\\Softwares\\jboss-eap-6.4\\modules\\com\\mysql\\jdbc\\main\\mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

where it is indicated you are referencing a driver in module.xml that doesn't exist.
Children
No Data