My process is triggered by external applications. Can I define the maximum numbe

My process is triggered by external applications. Can I define the maximum number of Instances allowed to run in parallel?
I've found two properties to define node limits (MAX_SPAWN_INSTANCES and MAX_NODE_INSTANCES=1000) but nothing related to the main process.

OriginalPostID-62182

OriginalPostID-62182

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As far as I can say there no OOTB solution for this case. But building some process models to solve this is kind of OOTB as this is the way to build things in Appian.

I had to build a message queuing mechanism to ensure that messages are processes by the target process in the same order as they were created. A small model "queue item" checks periodically whether it is the first item in the queue and sends the message to the target process. The target process sends a confirmation message back as soon as it processed it and the queue item completes.
  • As far as I can say there no OOTB solution for this case. But building some process models to solve this is kind of OOTB as this is the way to build things in Appian.

I had to build a message queuing mechanism to ensure that messages are processes by the target process in the same order as they were created. A small model "queue item" checks periodically whether it is the first item in the queue and sends the message to the target process. The target process sends a confirmation message back as soon as it processed it and the queue item completes.
Children
No Data