I want to allow a user to manage the documents and folders in a particular Knowl

I want to allow a user to manage the documents and folders in a particular Knowledge Center, but I want to minimize this user's access to other aspects of the /designer environment. Does anyone have suggestions for how to do this? Is there a way for a user to access a Knowledge Center without access to the /designer environment?

For that matter, I'm not even sure what my options are in terms of ways to allow a user to access the /designer envrionment. There are a number of System groups (e.g. Designers, Process Model Creators, etc.) whose members automatically get access to /designer, and all users of type System Administrator have access, but are there other ways?

OriginalPostID-178101

OriginalPostID-178101

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Johns,
    you can achieve this by targeting the tabs in the designer view.
    Goto
    System tab->Default admin pages ->Primary navigation
    Here you can see the tabs and their security. Generally system tab is not accessible to basic user in designers group when logged into designer mode. This is configured here. In order to access designer mode one need to be member of Designers group, but we can restrict the tabs they can access here.
    Click on each tab and configure the security of the tabs except documents to "Portal Administrators". Now add the required basic user to designers group.
  • Hi Johns,
    you can achieve this by targeting the tabs in the designer view.
    Goto
    System tab->Default admin pages ->Primary navigation
    Here you can see the tabs and their security. Generally system tab is not accessible to basic user in designers group when logged into designer mode. This is configured here. In order to access designer mode one need to be member of Designers group, but we can restrict the tabs they can access here.
    Click on each tab and configure the security of the tabs except documents to "Portal Administrators". Now add the required basic user to designers group.
Children
No Data