I have just taken over as the main Appian administrator for our organization and

I have just taken over as the main Appian administrator for our organization and am thinking there should be a "better way" to how we are handling environment migration. Does anyone have any best-practice advice for migrating from dev->test->production? The concerns I have are mainly about keeping track of what packages have effected what processes as well as backing out changes. Is it better to always move an entire Application and therefore update the single application definition over time? Should we have application fixes (minor versions) and therefore falling back to a previous version would require a lot of hunting to previous packages.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
---John...

OriginalPostID-63953

OriginalPostID-63953

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I think it it better to deploy application packages as a whole. One thing to pay attention to is: Constants and groups are overwritten. So if you have modified them on production you migth break something when deploying. So you should exclude them from the package if the meant to be changed.

For fixing smaller things I have a single temporary application that is only used for that.

What do you mean with changes? New requirements / change requests / user stories or changes in a model or rule?
  • I think it it better to deploy application packages as a whole. One thing to pay attention to is: Constants and groups are overwritten. So if you have modified them on production you migth break something when deploying. So you should exclude them from the package if the meant to be changed.

For fixing smaller things I have a single temporary application that is only used for that.

What do you mean with changes? New requirements / change requests / user stories or changes in a model or rule?
Children
No Data