We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Inconsistent DBID on GW1 Errors after Upgrade to 7.11

Performed the upgrade to 7.11. I copied all of the .kdb files over from the source folders (as per the instructions). When I copied the .kdb files over I overwrote any .kdb files that the installer had created with those files from my older source system.

When I get to the step where I start the appian engines and then run a checkengine.bat I get a bunch of FATAL statuses on:

discussion forums
collaboration
personalization
portal
process-design
process-exec00
process-exec01
process-exec02

In each case the error is: No gateway is active. Checkpointing recommended. Inconsistent DBID on GW1.

This is strange to me as I followed the instructions --everything seemed straightforward? Do I need to run a repair? Thoughts?

OriginalPostID-187864

OriginalPostID-187864

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I notice you mention "overwriting" .kdb files. Why was this done? It's very unlikely that any of the kdb files being copied over would have the same name as any of the existing kdb files.

Although this alone would not account for the behavior you're seeing, to help rule out the possibility that you simply made a mistake with one or more of the upgrade steps, I would recommend that you revert to the backup you made prior to upgrading (which should include backups of Appian, your application server, AND your RDBMS) and attempt the upgrade again.
  • I notice you mention "overwriting" .kdb files. Why was this done? It's very unlikely that any of the kdb files being copied over would have the same name as any of the existing kdb files.

Although this alone would not account for the behavior you're seeing, to help rule out the possibility that you simply made a mistake with one or more of the upgrade steps, I would recommend that you revert to the backup you made prior to upgrading (which should include backups of Appian, your application server, AND your RDBMS) and attempt the upgrade again.
Children
No Data