hi all, urgent issue. for some reason, i need to change my primary da

hi all,
urgent issue.
for some reason, i need to change my primary datasource to another schema, does it impact original data and process instances, will our previous work lost?
can someone tell me the impact?
thank you very much.

OriginalPostID-189079

OriginalPostID-189079

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If your primary datasource is modified, you will most likely need to do a fresh install and all data will be lost. The only way to potentially mitigate this would be to copy over EVERYTHING from your current primary datasource to the new datasource, but at that point, it seems like you might as well keep the old primary datasource. We strongly recommend against making any changes to the primary datasource unless advised to do so by Appian Support or as part of a procedure listed in the documentation or knowledge base.
  • If your primary datasource is modified, you will most likely need to do a fresh install and all data will be lost. The only way to potentially mitigate this would be to copy over EVERYTHING from your current primary datasource to the new datasource, but at that point, it seems like you might as well keep the old primary datasource. We strongly recommend against making any changes to the primary datasource unless advised to do so by Appian Support or as part of a procedure listed in the documentation or knowledge base.
Children
No Data