I have recently installed and refreshed my local instance of Appian for developm

I have recently installed and refreshed my local instance of Appian for development purposes. Everything has been runnning fine for a couple days, with scripts to start up and shut down the instance. It is running on Windows 64 w/ JBoss and MySql - very basic. Then was running into an issue with starting up the Appian Engines and figured my licence was the problem. Replaced the licence file with the original one sent, and now it is back up and running.
Question is: What would cause the k3.lic file to get corrupt/modified and are there ways to prevent this from happening? Does this occur on an "improper" shutdown..if yes, what would that be? Right now using:

cd C:\\appian\\server\\_scripts
stop-suite

OriginalPostID-191219

OriginalPostID-191219

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Former Member
    0 Former Member
    The k3.lic file shouldn't be modified by shutting down the engines.

Depending on what you mean by install and refresh your local instance -- new install or upgrade -- I'm assuming you tried re-using an existing k3.lic file that you already had.

Your newly refreshed install would have to have the following items exactly the same as what the original k3.lic file was provided for:

- Same operating system of the machine

- Same fully qualified domain name

- Same number of CPU cores

If any of those did not match, then your engines would output k3.lic instead of starting up.

2 other scenarios that would output the k3.lic message:

- You were using a temporary license, and it expired after 1 week

- The k3.lic file was not placed in the appropriate directory prior to starting up the engines
  • After reviewing the old licence (92bytes) with the new (121bytes), think that note referring to the 1 week expiry is what happened. *Thought* I had updated the new licence but likely got sidetracked and forgot to do it because it was working.

Thanks Sean for the feedback!