Hi, we're just in the process of upgrading to Appian 7.9. The bes

Hi,

we're just in the process of upgrading to Appian 7.9. The best new feature in this release from a developer point of view is the new patch functionality. After this change I am trying to find out what the best practice for application deployment will be going forward. There is a good article about it in the Appian wiki: forum.appian.com/.../Change_and_Configuration_Management.html, but I assume it's somewhat outdated with the release of Appian 7.9.

With the batch functionality in place, my assumption for a best practice would be to just have one application for every application and one global application. Instead of different applications for cdts, navigation objects and everything else.

Do you agree with this approach or are there other ideas out there for a best practice on application deployment in a post 7.9 world?

TIA, Moritz

OriginalPostID-191407

OriginalPostID-191407

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Right now we have one application that contains all objects for a given application, then we add a new application for each reversion of that application. Generally we just use the patching functionality as a way of deploying a subset of an application - to deploy only the CDTs and datastores, for example - before deploying the application as a whole.
  • Right now we have one application that contains all objects for a given application, then we add a new application for each reversion of that application. Generally we just use the patching functionality as a way of deploying a subset of an application - to deploy only the CDTs and datastores, for example - before deploying the application as a whole.
Children
No Data