Hello, I may have asked this question in the past and I just want to confirm thi

Hello, I may have asked this question in the past and I just want to confirm things haven't changed.

Our organization is looking at staying on v7.8 into next year and I know support for v7.8 is listed as ending 31, January 2017.

Please confirm that from a support call perspective, I can still open a case on issues and still receive support as long as I have a current license agreement.
I will however, lose out on patches or hotfix that will be deployed to supported releases.

We are working on a plan that will move us out of portal but will need more time accomplish a successful migration.

Thanks, Mario

OriginalPostID-198254

OriginalPostID-198254

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When on an expired version, you will continue to receive tech support, ability to open a case, recommended work-arounds, etc while under a current maintenance agreement. However, there are no further hotfixes (including for security) once a release is expired.

FYI. One can upgrade to a more current release (e.g. 16.1) and still use portal. Upgrading and migrating off of portal are separate items.
  • When on an expired version, you will continue to receive tech support, ability to open a case, recommended work-arounds, etc while under a current maintenance agreement. However, there are no further hotfixes (including for security) once a release is expired.

FYI. One can upgrade to a more current release (e.g. 16.1) and still use portal. Upgrading and migrating off of portal are separate items.
Children
No Data